Electric Bicycle Manufacturer
Hermann Hartje KG was founded in the Lower Saxony town of Hoya an der Weser in 1895, when Hermann Hartje decided to run his own company. Aged just 21, Hartje, grandfather of the present owner, started operations by buying and selling bicycles. With its “Weserwoge”, the company introduced its first own brand into its range; by the end of 1909, the “Prinzenrad” brand was trademark-protected too. The bicycle continued to play a key role in the company’s later history. But this was not the sole business mainstay; the company’s founder and his visionary ideas led to sales increasing in the company’s own business fields of haulage, repairs, filling station and tyre depot to coincide with the increasing usage of cars motorcycles.